1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent!!! Need help badly

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Vtroubled, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Vtroubled

Vtroubled Guest

My monitor doesn't display ANY graphics(just a black screen) when i can hear the background music playing.Same for another game that i play(granado espada),i can log in but at times when the loading screen comes out,it will just fade to black,music still continue.No problem when i play other games.

Was suspecting graphics card problem but wanna c if its realli my graphics card problem

Hope for a reply.
    Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2007
  2. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

if the problem dosent happen for other games/nothing else it sounds like its just the game not your monitor

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  3. Vtroubled

Vtroubled Guest

i dun think is the game problem.... A Microsoft Windows error message came on saying that detected a possible device failure... Says the driver is unable to complete a drawing operation.... Ask my friend abt it,he says most probably my graphics card got burned off

Thanks anyway

4. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

update your drivers

5. Vtroubled

Vtroubled Guest

Okay,so do i go to nvidia website or microsoft?

Thanks for the help man

6. dazila

dazila Regular member

YOur Graphics card company Nvidia try ti but unlikely if it has worked before on these current drivers.
    Im thinking it might be an overheating releated issue what is your PC temperature if you have no device or software to say clean out the dust from your pc see if it helps make sure teh graphics card heat sink is attached or if it has one make sure teh fan is too!.

7. Vtroubled

Vtroubled Guest

Went to the nVidia website 2 check theres a whole list of things that can be downloaded not sure when it to download,afraid to get the wrong stuff and screw up my com
    Is any way to check my cpu temperture? Cause i don't have any idea on how to check.
    The fan is fine xcept tat theres some dust collected at areas not easily accessible....

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2007
  8. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Could this be the AGP voltage? Some cards need 1.75v for extreme fp/s performance instead of 1.5v and it is settable in the bios (sometimes)
    If it was working before, and now is only happening on certain things that is whare to start looking. Try a 3dmax benchmark and see if your card will run at the speeds needed.

9. Vtroubled

Vtroubled Guest

Ok will try... but any wrong setting will it screw up my com?

But this is the first time i'm having ths problem...Makin me so vex... Feel like reformatin but afraid that the problem will still be there.

Anyway,thanks for all the help
    Will post another reply upon tryin

10. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

if you want to update your drivers you will have to find out what series your card is if you like post your series and i will help you find the correct drivers
    i'd say either your card isnt powerful enough to run the game or you need new drivers

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  11. Vtroubled

Vtroubled Guest

I'm using GeForce 6200 256mb.
    I manage to solve the problem for 1 of the games still having trouble with the Warcraft3 program,can't seem to respond.Reinstalled 3times but still the same.

Thanks for the help advance

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2007
  12. gtjr_ph

gtjr_ph Regular member

try to install the monitor driver, seems that your video card is choosing a refresh rate beyond your monitors capability

13. krkm120

krkm120 Regular member

try going here http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp choose consumer 3d stereo then all cards then choos your os then go from there

hope this helps

thats what i updated when i coudnt find my nvidia geforce 5500fx and that worked for me

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  14. janrocks

janrocks Guest

That sounds like a really good idea. How did the benchmarks work out?

I had a roam of nvidias forums but didn't find this exact issue, though this one may be related. http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t8318.html

15. Vtroubled

Vtroubled Guest

@gtjr_ph: so how do i go about settin a correct frequency that within my monitor's capabilities?

And what exactly is a forceware by nVidia?A software for the GeForce cards?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2007