1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URL for nero 6.6.0.18 link not working? need link plz

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bahgee, Feb 3, 2007.

1. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Im in the process of changing my newer nero back to a version that works with shrink, _ 6.6.0.18... I tried the url's listed below to dwnld 6.6.0.18 and they do not currently work. Went to the nero site as well. Perhaps im slow but i could not find a link for nero 6.6.0.18. Search didnt yield any good url's either. Anyone know where to get nero 6.6.0.18? I really appreciate the help. thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2007
  2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

3. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Thank you kindly. I may be back as i may hit some other issues. Really appreciate it. Looked all over this version.

4. bahgee

bahgee Guest

By the way is nero showtime (2nd package) absolutely necessary to fix the shrink nero auto-burn issue?

5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

No, but it contains some additional progs such as Recode.

6. aditek

aditek Member

how can i download the updated for nero because everytime i go to the URL its error and fasfrank i click the one u provided and when i run the program it was asking me to input my key so i put it and after that i cant click the install buttom.thats the only part thats buggin me..i cant go any further...can neone help me pls

7. bahgee

bahgee Guest

are you entering the cd key or the serial number? You need the serial number. Did you uninstall the version of nero you want to replace and then use the nero clean tool? that was suggested for me and it worked fine. Serail number will start with 1A20-xxx-xx etc. By the way, can a moderator post those new urls that work for the nero version so heavily in demand, since the old ones do not work.? Just thought it might help out other people. thanks
    good luck with your install aditek. By the way, what is Recode good for? Just out of curiousity. thanks Gwen.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2007
  8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Nero Recode is used for backing up DVDs.

BOTH links provided by fasfrank work for me!!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  9. aditek

aditek Member

i uninstall my old nero but i never used the cleaning tool?where do i get that?so if i uninstall that and just download the new version it wouldnt work for me?i am sorry if im givin yall a headache.can someone explain it to me a lil bit more?how do i get that new version?

10. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

The ONLY way to get a full working version of Nero, be it Nero 6 or Nero 7 is to purchase one, you will be given a serial number and that will allow you to update your versions as they are released.

Do you have a serial number?

11. aditek

aditek Member

yeah i have a serial number and i dont know how come its not working.if i will buy nero 6 where do i buy it?i just bought nero recently and when i go to burn it on dvd it goes to a screen that i ned dvd-plug in and i have to purchase it is that the one i need?

12. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Do you know which version of Nero you have, open Nero StartSmart, click on the "Flame" on the bottom right side and it will give you your details. Once we have that we'll go from there.

13. aditek

aditek Member

gwendolin
    i click nero startsmart and i dont see any flames on the right buttom ..and i tink my nero version is nero 6.3.0.2
    nero express 2.1.0.4
    nero showtime 1.5.0.6

14. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

15. aditek

aditek Member

hey gwendolin, thanks again 4 ur time but i feel like quitting coz i click the site u gave me to upgrade and when i save or run the program and it will ask me to type my serial number it wont open i cant install it...and i went to nero website and i tried to type in my serial number if its qualify for upgrade it said that my serial number was unauthorized and i was fooled by these ppl that sold me the nero.well,iono what to do...ne suggestion?u tink i should get it and buy it?where is the cheapest one?and does nero 7 ultra edition has dat dvd-plug in included so i could burn my movies and watch it on my dvd like i used to do?

16. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If you purchased Nero, where did you purchase it from.

17. aditek

aditek Member

ebay..the cd has a nero logo on it.and at the back of the paper sleeves is the serial number?i thought that it was ok to get it there since it came with a serial number.well,i think i will probably buy one again.if i get the nero 7 ultra edition will i be able to burn it and watch it on my dvd player.or do i have to get the dvd plug in upgrade for it?

18. bahgee

bahgee Guest

just my opinion, you may want to wait and talk to someone before buying nero 7. Check out some search threads on nero 7 and serial number stuff. I remember reading there are some issues with nero 7 working with other software. I know the application is also fairly large so,... You will get some unwanted stuff, unless you do alot of crazy stuff. . Follow the links Gwen put down after you doing the following..The first link is the nero package. The second will allow you to view your dvds and do some other things. I used those to get the version of nero installed that works with shrink. And yes use the nero clean tool 4 sure. For Nero6 http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/en/Clean_Tools.html Uninstall your version of Nero, then run clean tool. Then re-boot.
    If you can find your serial number you should be set. Be sure to write your serial number down before you un-install your current version. Good luck.

19. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

A few Nero thoughts.....
    First if you are trying to install Nero with the links to the two packages:
    Make sure you have a legitimate Nero serial number. These versions do not provide free Nero!
    If you have a Nero OEM version that came with a burner or you bought Nero for less than $20.00, Then chances are you do not have the required DVD-Video plug in and/or a legitimate serial number.

Secondly...
    These are the applications contained in each package:

Package 1:

Nero StartSmart 2
    Nero Express 6
    Nero BackItUp
    Nero SoundTrax
    Nero Image Drive
    Nero Burning ROM 6
    Nero Cover Designer
    Nero Wave Editor
    Nero Toolkit

Package 2

NeroVision Express 3
    Nero Recode 2
    Nero ShowTime 2
    Nero PhotoSnap
    Nero MediaHome

The "_no_yt" part of the url means that these packages do not include the Yahoo Toolbar.

Essential apps from each package for general DVD-Video usage:
    Nero Burning ROM 6 for Burning.

NeroVision Express 3 for video conversion, authoring and editing.

Nero Recode 2 to prepare a DVD for burning, This is simply an advanced version of Shrink without the ability to crack CSS.

My Nero usage...
    I bought Nero 6 a few years ago and just kept it updated. When Nero 7 came out I bought the upgrade and continue to keep that updated as well. I do continue to run Nero 6.6.0.18 on another PC, just for researching Afterdawn Nero 6 problems.

I've used Nero hundreds of times for burning movies, backing up data, converting camcorder footage, converting and burning downloaded movies, burning CDs and making photo slideshows.
    I've run the it on three different computers without problems.

I never do the default install. Nero gives you the opportunity to do the custom install which I highly recommend. A major fault of Nero is to try and associate itself with many of the media related file types you may use. The custom install will allow you to address what files you want Nero to associate itself with. Nero 7 is worse with the "Ask" toolbar, Nero Scout and Nero Home.
    If you do not need a Nero application then do not install it.

20. aditek

aditek Member

fasfrank
    thanks for the info.i think i dont have the right serial number to get the plug in?is there anyway i could get one or buy a nero that will include the dvd plug in?thanks again