1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

us ps3 in uk

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Dr1ver, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

Now that sony have put the price down on the ps3 in the us to about £300 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0009VXAM0/ref=dp_olp_1/103-2092325-8973439)
    i am considering buying one but the main question is do us ps3 play game in the uk or will i have to import every game from the us. Or is there a regional changer like there was for the ps2.

2. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Ps3 games are region free.
    How ever Blu-ray movies are region locked so popping down to your local Blockbuster/Xtravision store to rent one wont do any good,youll have to import them.
    Also i think you need something called a step down converter to plug the US PS3s into our electric.

3. Scam3r

Scam3r Member

I don't agree, as i have a 60Gb Canadian PS3, and I can play UK games and BD Movies without any issues. you don't need a power converter, just plug in a normal uK kettle lead like in a PC.

The only issue i have is I am unable to play UK DVD's and UK PS1 and PS2 games. So i have had to keep my PS2, which isn't really a problem. I brought the foreign machine to use the Emotion Engine for PS2 games (i wish i had researched this properly before i brought one), which now i find is pointless, until it's region unlocked. So the only advantage is to get one is because it is cheaper, and hope games and BD disks stay regionfree.

Scam

4. PhilAtkin

PhilAtkin Member

Scam,

I have a Canadian PS3 which I brought into the country over the weekend. Before I purchase a 240 - 110 step down convertor I am interested in your story that you did not need one! If you wouldn't mind could you please tell me what it says on the bottom of your PS3? Mine says 120v ~3.2A which leads me to believe that this is what should be used.

Thanks in advance

Phil