1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB 2.0

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Ponginas, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Ponginas

Ponginas Member

Hello I have an ATX Case that came with 2 USB side Ports located on the side of my PC. But when I opened it It had a bunch of single pinned wired..the end was in a shape of a square? some of them had different colred tips and some hand letters such as G or V.. I'm guessing I need to connect these onto my mother board..I researched and all and put them in. but Windows keep saying The usb Ports are Unkown or Unrecognized..i need drivers or I plugged them in wrong..I need Help??How do I correctly connect the USB ports or do ATX have drivers for it?? I am tired of reaching around the back to plug in my digital camera! **My mother board is a Biostar Tforce U 775 and supports usb 2.0..I need help ..plzz..I tried installing my usb drivers again..but those 2 usb ports are still unknown..

2. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

i would say you have 3 of the cable pins in reverse. should be 5v, -data, +data & ground on 4 of the 5 pins of 1 side. pin 1 being 5v.

3. Blackjax

Blackjax Regular member

if you know how and are comfortable doing it check your bios to make sure that usb is enabled along with what ffg7 said. You might want to check in device manager to make sure the drivers are installed. The MB mfg. site should have the latest drivers.

4. Ponginas

Ponginas Member

Could some one add a visual..i am not too familiar with the pins.........I just googled search and went step by step...So what ur saying is in one row..only 4 of 5 pins should be connected...plz..need help..but thanx for the advice so far..

5. elokito

elokito Regular member

6. Ponginas

Ponginas Member

Thank You..that was a Big help..thanks a lot..

7. elokito

elokito Regular member

no prob