1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB Advance Questions!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ssps2, May 17, 2007.

1. ssps2

ssps2 Member

Hi guys, I've got a few questions here:

1.What's the difference between "USB Advance Free Version" and "USB Advance Global War Edition"?

2. Which one is better for installing games? USB Extreme Win installer(found at their website) or USBInsane?

3. Has any one gotten Naruto Shippuuden Narutimate Accel or Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 to work with USB Advance (Fix Non-Working Games)

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  2. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

1) The difference:
    This was from a description on the torrent I found for global war ed.
    EXTRAS:
    All Tools needed to format HDD and Install games.
    Extra Files needed and Tutorial to fix NonWorking games.

The free version is the same without the extras. Although USB Advance can do all that itself. Just can't install games from a PC, but that is where #2 comes in.

2) I would try the Win installer, I have not used either one as I use WinHiip to do what these progs do. But I have downloaded the Win installer and plan to check it out, just don't know when. EDIT: I checked it out and I would stick to WinHiip. The only disadvantage is you must hook your HDD to your PC IDE cable with WiHiip not a USB port, but transfer speed is faster over IDE.

3) No idea. Sorry;)

Yeah I just downloaded the Global War Ed. and it is the same just has extra progs with it. It includes an ISO and an ELF of USBAdvance. If you can I say get the Global Ed. If you want to try WinHiip goto sksapps.com and get it there or anything else you may want for your PS2.

I just uploaded the Global War Ed. w/ WinHiip added to the archive. If you want it here is the link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/32143128/USBAdvance_GlobalWar-Edition.rar.html

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  3. ssps2

ssps2 Member

I'm using a USB Hard Disk so I don't think I can use Winhiip right?

4. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

You can use WinHiip. You just have to take it out of the external case and put it in your computer. Turn of your computer. Set the pin on the HDD to slave then hook it up to your IDE cable and power cable. Then turn on your computer. Run WinHiip. When you put the HDD back in the external case be sure to set the pin back to master.