1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB CONNECTION CAUSES CRASH!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by skanger, Mar 1, 2007.

1. skanger

skanger Member

i was trying to put the ultimare black xmb theme from here and it came up not enough space on disk half way through so i just cancelled it and put the original theme, and it seemed ok. but when i click usb connection the psp just crashes and turns off! I really need help so any would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

launch recovery, and re-install.

3. skanger

skanger Member

how do i launch the recovery? i read somewhere that u have to put the 1.50 update eboot on the memory card which i cant do. The sound on the xmb has also disappeared. do u think i could get away with replacing all files on my X:\Vsh\Recovery and surrounding folders that i tampered with the same files from a psp with the same firmware?
    Thanks for replying btw

4. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

launch recovery = hold onto R while turning on your psp and youll be in recovery mode

5. skanger

skanger Member

yes but once i am in recovery what do i do? if i open flash0 in usb and replace every file with the files from a different psp with the same firmware, would i get away with it?

6. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

you probably will, not sure. didn't you back up all your flash0 files before u started to mess with it?

7. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

when you go to recovery, choose the option "Run Program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP"

this should restore youre psp back to OE-C...

and if that doesnt work.... run Hex's Recovery Winstaller and repeat the same process as stated above...

Hope this helps ;)

8. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

+++++++++++++++

also.... you can toggle your usb connection to your memory stick, flash0 & flash1 through recovery...

9. skanger

skanger Member

i did back all the files up that i knew i was gonna b messing with but i must have done something else. I tried booting into recovery menu and picking the recovery 1. i also have no clicking sound when i move about the xmb and everything takes longer to load when u first start the psp up. I think im gonna look up recovering to 1.5 and just upgrading again. Any thoughts on that?

10. skanger

skanger Member

thanks for the help guys i got it fixed. Didnt realise u could access usb through the recovery menu. Used hexitnows 1.50 recovery winstaller and upgraded back to 3.03 oe-c. Again thanks for all ur help.