1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

usb digital tv - hard drive - dvd-r problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mark99, Dec 26, 2003.

1. mark99

mark99 Member

Hi everyone.

I've just recorded a film from my digital WinTV USB box to my hard drive. AVIcodec offers the following information on it:

Video : 0.0 B, 15000 Kbps, 25.0 fps, 720*576 (2.21:1), MPG2 = MPEG 2 (SVCD/DVD), Supported

Audio : 0.0 B, 256 Kbps, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, 0x51 = Mpeg-1 audio Layer 2 [0xc0], Supported

I've tried a dozen ways including virtualdub, tmpgenc and others to convert the file into one that DVD encoders (such as tmpgenc) will accept but to no avail.

Can anyone tell me why the file isn't being accepted by encoders an what I can do to alter this.

Thanks,

mark

2. sn_aps

sn_aps Guest

isn't 15000 kbps for a video stream not too much ?

3. mark99

mark99 Member

I have no idea! how can i change it if it is?

4. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya guys,

sn_aps was right to question the video bitrate, if I remember correctly, 9500Kbps is MAX for dvd compliance with 2000Kbps MIN.

But, if you want to GUARANTEE DVD-Compliant MPEG2 files, set the limits to 8000 and 2500 respectively, and enable padding to ensure it doesn't drop below the minimum.

Setting the capture rates will be done in the capture software that came with your WinTV kit, have a look through the settings, even RTFM at a push ;-)

You say TMPGEnc has been tried, what was the error and at what point did the error occur?

There is a solution, just need more info.

Have Fun...