1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Usb Extreme/Advance Clarification

Discussion in 'PS2' started by theVerve, May 16, 2007.

1. theVerve

theVerve Member

Well here is the situation...

<Ps2 specs>
    model: 50007
    years (modded): 3(3)
    modchip brand: <p>I have no Idea (but pressing and holding reset until blue clouds appear is used when playing DVD movies. Doesnt play PS1 backups (AFAIK) </p>

<USB HDdisk specs>
    Seagate Barracude 7200rpm 40 gb
    w/ 3.5" hdd USB enclosure

I have burned USBextreme successfully and runs on my ps2 (although I have to browse and play it manually. it doesnt load automatically at startup)

I have successfully formatted the hd and installed games (which are known to be compatible from other user accounts)

QUESTIONS

1.) Why do I get the Please wait loading title box whenever I start games. It doesnt load past that. I waited for about 10 mins and nothing happened

2.) Does the type of modchip matter? It is able to play the USBExtreme GUI so I think that my modchip is not the problem. But I read somewhere that some guy cannot load the game in his PS2 but can load it using the same tools on another ps2.

3.) Did I do something wrong? Or did I miss something?

Thanks in advance

2. steimy

steimy Active member

could be a lot of things really. BUt USB hard drive are not known for having a high game compatibility. So you have to make sure that the game your using is not only HDD compatible, but works with USB Extreme.

Not knowing what chip you have rules out any chance that someone can tell you if the chip is the problem, but it should't be.

have you tried installing more than one game? Do they all lock up at the loading screen? Have you tried reformating the drive and starting fresh? Have you checked a PS2 HDD compatibility chart to see if the drive you have is compatible?