1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Usb Extreme but what hdd adapter options do i have?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by sandy10, Jun 1, 2007.

1. sandy10

sandy10 Member

Hi,basically im going to opt for usb extreme as my avenue of choice regarding how i will run a hdd on my Playstation 2 but im seriously lacking any knowledge on what ALL (if there are different ways that is?) the different ways in which i can attach a hdd.Can it be literally a cable running from the hdd to my Ps2 usb?I dont know but i have noticed talk of enclosures or hubs,im now starting to think that the hdd has to be held within somthing externally and that you cant
    (like i initially enquired) just leave the hdd freestanding externally somehow with just a cable to connect it.That would be to simple i suppose?!
    To sum up what im whaffling on about,i want to stick a harddrive onto my Ps2 with the help of Usb extreme and want to know if there is some cheap method of doing so as im trying to avoid the Hd advance route as an official Ps2 network adapter is hard and pricey to come by (checkout Ebay-30-45!!!).

2. ps2wizz

ps2wizz Regular member

just buy the adapter it is so mutch better. Usb obtions have low boot rate and slow loading times. U can probly save £30 buying a internal hd compared to a external usb one.

3. sandy10

sandy10 Member

How would i save 30 pounds?The official ps2 network adapter is quite a rare and therefore pricey purchase.This is one of my major detractors and thought that the usb extreme route might offer me a cheaper way of connecting my hdd to the Ps2?Obviously i was wrong then???
    Thanks for the advice,anyone know anymore about the different usb connection options?