1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB Extreme question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cj4204all, Feb 1, 2007.

1. cj4204all

cj4204all Member

I recently bought usb extreme and an CompUSA 160GB external USB 2.0 HDD and it's friggin awesome. I have "backed up" a buttload of ps2 games on it but have come across 1 game that wont boot named "Bully". The directions dont say how to delete unwanted games off the HDD. There is a format button on the screen but I have been afraid to try it thinking that instead of deleting the one game it will reformat the entire HDD. Who knows how to delete a single game only?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, i would not go pressing and button called format. I have seen that a lot of people are having a problem with Bully. Not sure why because i do not have it for PS2 (only Xbox)
    http://www.hdadvance.com/usb_extreme_how-to-use.htm
    that is the guide although it doesn't mention how to delete a game, at the bottom is a "contact us" link which i am sure you can use if no one here who has it can answer.

is it possible just to hook the USB drive to the PC and delete the ISO or files?

3. cj4204all

cj4204all Member

Now I have a 2nd game (Evil Dead Regeneration) installed on the HDD that wont boot. These 2 games are sucking up 9 gigs of my HDD now and theres no telling how many more games are going to not be compatabe! When I view the contents of the HDD on my PC, There are several files for each game and it doesent tell you any game titles on the files. I have sent 2 emails to "HD-ADVANCE.COM" but they are taking so long in responding i'm starting to wonder if they even know how to delete unwanted games!

4. Mo_the1st

Mo_the1st Member

U shud b able 2 delete the game by hookin the hard drive 2 a pc and explorin the "removable disk" drive, then delete the file at its source. Jus like adding and takin stuff frm psp memory.

5. croy00

croy00 Member

That is correct hook the hard drive back up to a pc and in the root folder where you put these games you will be able to remove them sounds stupid but sometimes we look too hard at something and never really take the time too work backwards from the problem. GOOD LUCK

6. cj4204all

cj4204all Member

When I hook up the drive to my pc and explore the contents of the drive There is absolutely no way to tell which files are associated with which game. When you install a game on the external HDD, It installs like 5 or 6 files per game (each over a gig in size} and the files say nothing about game titles, it only names file sizes! It looks just like when you copy a dvd movie, then dvd decrypter opens up and highlights like 5 different files for the movie that are each a little over a gig in size per file with no description.