1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB Extreme Question...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Candyman7, May 13, 2007.

1. Candyman7

Candyman7 Member

Hey guys... I've been a lurker here for quite awhile (mostly because of all the useful guides) but now I have a problem so I thought I might as well start posting.

I bought USB extreme so I can cope all my games on to an external harddrive and play them on my PS2 SLIM.

Anyway, the HDD I'm using is a 250gb from Lacie and after doing all the stuff they ask me to in the manual I plug it in my PS2 but then I get a message that says "Insert A Usb Device"... Has anyone ever encountered this problem and fixed it?

My first thought is that the HD isn't compatible, but when I checked online I saw that most HDDs from Lacie ARE compatible so this one should be as well right? The format of the harddrive is supposed to be FAT32 right? Not NTFS?

Thanks in advance!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Never used an external, but as far as compatibility goes it depends more on the model number then the brand name.
    Does USB Extreme have a format option? If so then i would format the drive. I know with my internal the chip i have (DMS4 Pro) has an option to format the drive. After you do that it works fine.