1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

usb flash drive as a memory card??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Almakra, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Almakra

Almakra Guest

im not new to console modifying but i am fairly new to the ps2.

does anybody know if it is possible to use a usb flash drive as a memory card for game saves??

im using swap magic coder 3.8. i have searched the forums and google and have tried to have it recognised with swap magic but to no avail...

i figured that seeing that you can boot games from usb flash then there must be a way to use flash as a memory card.

im not expecting it to be possible but someone may have got it to work.

2. prutsos

prutsos Regular member

sorry you cant do that right now

3. 2HOTT4U

2HOTT4U Guest

nope, i think only with ar max, but, u can use pcsx2 to emulate ur ps2 games on pc, and it also tricks the game to think that u have a em card.

4. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

You cannot use a USB drive in place of a memory card. You can however, transfer game saves from a memory card to a USB drive for storage. The caveat being that you can't load/save game saves from the USB drive.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  5. Almakra

Almakra Guest

thanks guys...

i did kind of think that was the case but theres no harm in asking eh

:)

6. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

ive been wanting to know this for quite a while now.. how do you exactly transfer it to a usb drive to pc and vice versa??

7. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

ARMAX will transfer the files to USB and back.

8. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

is there any alternative way like using a ELF app? cuz i dont have ARMAX just got a modchip installed cuz my console is already premodded when i bought it.

9. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

Ulaunch.elf will transfer files to HDD,mem card,USB. I haven't had any luck with the USB as the three pen drives I have just lockup Ulaunch.elf. But give it a go. Maybe it will work for you. You could also just transfer the files to a PS2 HDD if you have one installed.

If all that does not work you can run an FTP server on the PS2 and a client on your computer to transfer the files. If you want to try and need any elf files let me know and I will link you to them.

10. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

thx for the info :) i think http://sksapps.com has the elf files or i can also check exploitstation thx for the help hope it works never really tried using ELF files before just heard of em

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  11. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

No problem. Those two sites are great you should find all you need there. Good luck.

12. dantrell

dantrell Guest

ps2 games go to www.phazeddl.com hey i just downloaded a ps2 game and im using swap magic. when every i burn a game that i downloaded it comes on and but the screen keeps jumping so i cant really play the game. ive burnt serval games that i downloaded using nero or alcohol 120 and the same thing happens..now ive just downloaded a dbz game for ps2 and i see a bin folder an data folder an irx folder an sles file and a system file.can anybody plz help me burn this game correctly. thanks

13. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

dantrell your offtopic make a new topic next time. as to your problem your downloading a pal game so look for ntsc ones. and in my experience i think you need the iso not the data files not really sure.

14. ovrfiendx

ovrfiendx Regular member

those files you downloaded are the game files you will need CD_DVD Gen to rebuild the ISO, but you will need to know the order they are in on the original disc. Use CD_DVD Gen to export an iml file then use IMLtoISO to create an ISO then burn ISO to disc.

Get a hold of DVD Decrypter for your burning. IMGBurn is another good prog, actually it's a newer version of Decrypter without being able to decrypt movies.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  15. Dznytoy

Dznytoy Member

You can convert PAL to NTSC using ps2_pal2ntsc_yfix.rar. Do a Google search for it. To fix the y-position you have to enter an offset number which moves the position of the screen, you have to try it a few times in order to get the hang of it. Also the new version of IMGBurn can actually create ISO images.

Last edited: May 16, 2007