1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

usb flash drive & playing roms

Discussion in 'PS2' started by killerb7, Oct 13, 2004.

1. killerb7

killerb7 Member

I've got one of those use flash drives by lexar. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to be able to play snes, nes roms off of this. I've got a ps2 with no mods. Just hdloader, network adapter and a 120gig maxtorhd. I just wanted to be able to play some snes roms off of a usb drive. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

If this is not possible, what type of modifications do I need to do in order to play roms on a ps2. (modchips, swaps, etc..) And which ones do you suggest. Since I've got very little skills with a soldering iron, I want to stay away from soldering chips. And I would like to still be able to use the hdloader and play my regular ps2 games off of my hd.

2. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

the new ar max evo will allow you to play that kind of stuff

3. killerb7

killerb7 Member

anyone have any experience with this? Can I still use the hdloader cd to load the ps2 or does the ar evo also need to have the cd in the drive. I'm not familiar with how this ar evo works. It also seems that the ar evo plays genesis roms. Can u also play snes roms?

4. AngeloE9

AngeloE9 Guest

i have the same problem. I bought a USb FLash Drive and I want to do the hd loader exploit w/ it. Plz Help us.

5. Willh85

Willh85 Member

I bought ARM Evo with 16MB pin drive. U can play gen games anything thats .smd Not sure if ARM will allow the use of 3rd party flash drives. I know Codebreaker 8.1 works with just about ANY flash drive but no game support.