1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB HDD For PS2 slim???

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PSPthug, May 20, 2007.

1. PSPthug

PSPthug Member

Ok I have a ps2 slimline and just found out that the ps2 fat is compatible with a harddrive. I searched to see if there was one for the slim and found out that my only option is a USB HDD. My question is, do I have to look for a specific HDD that the slims exclusively compatible with. Because Ive seen External harddrives that are usb at local electronic stores and was wondering does it matter what harddrive it is as long as its USB.

Thank you for your time

2. PSPthug

PSPthug Member

please help!

3. steimy

steimy Active member

I do not kow much about USB compatibility. I know there is a PS2 hard drive compatibility list though. Just do a search. USB Extreme is a disc you will also need to run the hard drive. And so you know USB hard drive will not increase loading speeds like an internal will, and also do not have as good of a game compatibilty as an internal drive. If you have a V12 or V13 you can get an HD Combo case and HD Advanced. Then you can install a compatible internal hard drive which is a much better choice.

4. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  5. 5h4d0wXXX

5h4d0wXXX Member

buy the hd combo for ps2 slims because its an internal hd it has a lot higher compatability and games play beter on the internal hd than the usb one trust me i have both.