1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB HDD Problems!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mthrfckrz, Feb 21, 2007.

1. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

hey how's it going everyone..

well the problem was that a while ago i bought this Ultimate Collection Disc that came w/ slim kit V12 & slide card. so i got it gave it a shot and when i got everything correct my PS2 would not read any backup games and eventually stop spinning and working. so i asked around the site and some people had the same problem. I ended up giving up on the DVD BACKUP and bought a new PS2 v13. I read the other night about connecting a USB HD to it and read into it and noticed i had the proper stuff on my disc since it was a collection of programs..

here's the list of the what the ultimate collection disc has

# HD Loader 3.5
    # HD Loader 7c
    # Swap Magic 3.6+
    # HD Advance 3.0
    # USB Extreme / Advance
    # COG Swap Loader
    # PS2 Loader
    # Magic Mem
    # Zone Free DVD 2005
    # HDDump 0.8.1
    # CDLoader

so i went thru someone's guide on using USBEXTREME and went ahead and gave it a shot i used a 120 Maxtor HD n Formatted it w/ USBEXTREME into FAT32, Connected it to my PC and backed up a list of games and only a few worked.. here's the list!

Silent Hill 2 - WORKED
    Silent Hill 3 - DID NOT WORK
    Silent Hill 4 - WORKED
    Burnout 2 - DID NOT WORK
    Sonic Mega Collection - WORKED
    Fatal Frame 3 - WORKED
    Killzone - DID NOT WORK
    Toca Race Driver 3 - DID NOT WORK
    Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow - DID NOT WORK
    Red Nina - End Of Honor - DID NOT WORK

i read the list of the games that do and dont work.. i got one thats listed as not working to WORK!..

NOW THE QUESTION..

i seen people post about HD ADVANCE & HD LOADER..

now are those programs better than USBEXTREME?

will my HD work with HD LOADER & HD ADVANCE?..

can the games i could not backup w/ USBEXTREME work with HD LOADER or ADVANCE?..

i would really appreciate the help.. i went and read many bullentins but they always lose me with other new ideas that dont work and people always post different results..!!

2. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

ohh yeah another question i ahve for sure.. since all the games here in the US are all mostly NTSC is there a way to burn the IMG FILE of the BACKUP and edit it to PAL format so maybe they can work for the USBEXTREME?.. or is there a better way to make a lot of games work?!

3. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

hey,

i m pretty new here to, but from what i have gathered (and somebody correct me if i m wrong)

slims cant use hd loader, or hd advance, they r for fat ps2, which have a hdd connected via the ps2 network adapter.

yes there are programs that will convert pal to ntsc and vice versa, they r in this forum somwhere ( i forget where, sorry, do a search perhaps), but i think the results r a bit mixed with ceretains games not 100% compatible.

i m sure other ppl will help u out more than i can, i'm still learing myself.

cheers