1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

usb install

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by shawn2000, Mar 16, 2005.

1. shawn2000

shawn2000 Member

i got xenium ice chip installed but how/where do i install the usb connector.

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

The USB adapter is only used if you have an external harddrive or USB Pen drive. Put the adapter in one of the 3 other controller ports and then hook up your USB device. When you choose ADD NEW ITEM, select FLASH and the H directory should show up.

I used to flash this way before I broke my 256Mb Pen drive that cost $30. I then went and bought a cheap, 1Mb pen drive for $10 and the H directory didn't show up. The led light of the pen drive was on until I started the flash option and then the light went off and the H directory did not appear. Rather than spending $30 for another 256Mb pen drive, I just installed the bios to the C folder of another modded xbox harddrive and flashed that way.

Before you do any of this, you need to TSOP your original xbox bios first. Next boot the xbox and reset both the date and time. Now you can flash your hacked bios.

When you are ready to put in a slayers evox auto-installer and it doesn't load, the first reason for that is you have a Thompson DVD-Rom drive. None of my Thompsons would load so I had to switch and load slayers with a Samsung drive.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005