1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Usb loader gx...couple of games lose remote sync

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii' started by robdx, Sep 7, 2009.

1. robdx

robdx Member

Im using usb loader gx on rev 453 on softmodded 4.1e(thankyou sooo much larry for exellent guide) my problem is 1 or 2 games load to the warning screen then my remote loses sync and wont sync back up. for some reason if i update to newer revs then my drive(iomega 320 gb HDD) isnt recognised so need to stay where im working if poss. It may be worth pointing out that if i burn the iso's of both games(medal of honour heros 2 PAL and fifa 08 Pal) i get the same glitch.
    has anyonecome across the same?? or know of any fixes.
    I manually updated the rev to 533 and disk was recognised but asked for wbfs format and its already formatted(which if necessary i could extract all iso's using wbfs manager and reformat then transfer isos back)......help please 16 games and just 2 having these issues everything else works fine........i rolled back to original 453 rev and all games there again but still lose sync on same 2 games
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I would recommend using SDUSB LOADER CFG40 instead of GX. I have less problems and I have used both.

As for some of the games having issue (MOH2) being 1 of those. You need to use a Alt_dol for it to work.

HERE is a compatibility list of games and known problems and fixes listed for games that boot from a USB Device.
  4. robdx

robdx Member

Thanks larry, I cant use any more loaders gx is the only one that works........i suspect this image shows[​IMG] why i have this problem as 1 of the 2 ports is damaged and im looking into replacing the ports.

Another question If i may if i use scrubber and the alt dol method then burn onto a dvd and play as a dvd backup would that work??
  5. robdx

robdx Member

Damn the pic is too small but if anyone wants to see a closeup feel free to right click..save as and enlarge
  6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The USB that looks good is the USB slot that you use for all USB loaders. So other loaders should work.
  7. robdx

robdx Member

Oh right, i was stressig trying to see about getting the usb ports replaced, do you think its a compatability problem then? as when i launch the other loader you suggest it fails to mount the usb device and using uloader i get the same. In gx i start it and at first it says no usb device but during the 30 seconds if i unplug it then put it back in it works in rev453 i can go up to rev533 but anything after that nothing loads in the 30 seconds. revs upto 533 ask for a wbfs format so i guess i could transfer all games onto laptop do the format and re install from laptop.
    or........can i use alt dol to fix the games if i burn onto dvd then play them that way as i get the same unsyncing when i play them on dvd??
  8. Kafluke

Kafluke Regular member

I had problems with USB Loader GX and remotes coming unsync'd so I switched to configurable usb loader and haven't had any controller issues since.
  9. robdx

robdx Member

i cant get the configurable usb loader to recognise my external or any flash drives, i cant help thinking this is due to 1 usb port being damaged......im currently trying to find info on using the alt dol method in neogammer so i can burn dvds of games that wont work in usb loader
  10. pstallin

pstallin Member

I'm having a similar problem with several games loading from USB HD. I am currently researching the alt_dol method and found this helpful site:
    HOWTO: Using an alternative DOL file to play Medal Of Honor Heroes 2 with uLoader 2.5 and below
    I haven't been able to try it yet because the GBAtemp.net site has been down, but I hope to give it a try later today.

The 3 games I'm having trouble with so far are:
    Madden 08: locks up at the wii remote white screen.
    Kung Fu Panda: locks up on green screen.
    Littlest Pet Shop: goes to code dump screen.
    Wii Sports: gives code dump screen.

I just got my HD up and running last night so I am still sorting through which games work and don't work.

I used this guide to setup my USB HD:
    How to Store/Load Wii Games via USB Hard Drive on System Menu 4.0
    I have tried these games with both USB loader GX and Coverfloader, and they don't work on either. Also Kung Fu PAnda and Madden I couldn't get to work from the dvd backup either.

There are also other settings in the USB loaders you can try changing, like use ISO 222 or 223 instead of 249, force ntsc, 002 error fix, just to name a few. I have played with these a little bit but didn't fix my problem so far. Please update if you make progress.

11. Kafluke

Kafluke Regular member

Have you tried configurable usb loader?
  12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Are all these games the same region as your Wii system?

I know Madden 08 and Wii Sports Resort will probably need to use the Alt_Dol method. But the other 2 games should work. Just make sure they are in the same region as your system is so you don't have region compatibility issues to contend with.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  13. pstallin

pstallin Member

I haven't tried configurable usb loader or Waninkok's 1.5 usb loader but I will probably try those next.

Yes all of my games are the same region as my Wii (4.1U).

14. pstallin

pstallin Member

Update...I got Madden 10 and after updating the system with the disc update, Wii Sports and Littlest Pet Shop started working. Must've been some missing IOS in there I didn't have uploaded.

I know what's wrong with Madden 08, (alt.dol), but I'm in no hurry to try the fix with the new Madden.

Still can't figure out Kung Fu Panda. I've tried IOS 249, 222, and 223, also tried 002 fix, and anti-002 fix. Also tried forceing NTSC (which shouldn't be necessary since it's a US game), and Vid patch with no luck. This one stumps me...