1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB Mouse Issues

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by xaznboitx, Mar 18, 2007.

1. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

My mouse keep freezing and when I stick it back in the USB Port, it says that the USB has been Malfantion or something.

I think stick the mouse into another USB Port it works then freezes again and this time, it doesnt say malfantion.

This mouse is from Gateway . Wireless mouse but doesnt uses betters but uses USB Plug.

2. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

Try and update your usb drivers and see if that helps. Right click on my computer, go to properties, click on hardware, device manager, go to the usb ports, and update drivers

3. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

It kept saying the same thing and stupid gatway has no updates for it and they told me that I needed a new mouse when the mouse works fine on other pc and not the gateway pc.

Well it only says that when I insert the mouse in the usb. When I insert Printer to the USB Port, it works.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  4. ireland

ireland Active member

try those drivers

Microsoft IntelliPoint Mouse Software 6.1
    Author: Microsoft Corp.
    Date: 2007-02-19
    Size: 6.45 Mb
    License: Freeware

Requires: Win XP/2K

64 bit version also available

IntelliPoint software enables you to customize the unique features of your Microsoft® mouse. You can reassign mouse buttons to perform commands, shortcuts, and application-specific functions. You can also modify mouse settings, such as pointer speed and updated horizontal scrolling.

DOWNLOAD HERE
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2216.html