1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB Mp3 Player Firmware Update

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by OntriTwyPlU, Jan 16, 2018.

1. OntriTwyPlU

OntriTwyPlU Newbie

Hi. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me upgrade the firmware of an usb mp3 player, it has Digital Mp3 player and Mp3 player DV R written on it.

It is described as GeneralPlus SD Device V2 USB Device, it fits an SD card into it, it is FAT32 formatted, and does not show files on it when they are present in the device.

I did not got a response from the manufacturer, it did not come with an instructions manual and it does not have a firmware upgrade function.

I tried setting up an hyperterminal for this purpose but i can't get a COM port in my system to be recognized, I managed to acquire something that i believe to be the firmware upgrade files but they are in Visual Studio formats and do not know how to use them or compile some of them into executables, i also own a firmware upgrading .hex file that i might be able to send to the device, but i am unaware of any software to do this besides using an hyperterminal one.

It would be nice if someone could help me set up an usb COM port, tell me if i am able to compile Visual Studio files into executables, indicate me some firmware upgrading software or something that is able to send an .hex file to an usb device or just how to accomplish this task.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

What is the size of the SD card? It sounds like you bought a Chipod. You get what you pay for and you can't trust reviews. They may have been paid to review. I think they all read 16 g SD cards.

3. OntriTwyPlU

OntriTwyPlU Newbie

I have a message waiting approval that is the following:

Something happened with the device i was trying to accomplish this task on, i am now trying to do do it on a Actions HS USB Flash Disk USB Device, it is fitted with a 2Gb SD card, windows explorer informs me that either the device or the card is is FAT formatted, i would apprecciate if someone could tell in which format should i proceed to format the card. I am still interested in accomplishing this task, the devices are very similiar and i again state that i pocess something that i believe it would let me upgrade the devices firmware, i managed to convert a .src file into a .cpp with the intention of creating an .exe file for this purpose but i am getting an error in process of it's creation using Visual Studio Native Tools Command Prompt, error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int, this and C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before 'user-defined literal', C2059: syntax error:, error C2065: 'see': undeclared identifier, error C2086: 'int bias': redefinition / note: see declaration of 'bias, error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before 'constant' and C1004: unexpected end-of-file found, it would be nice if someone could help me get past this errors so i can be able to compile an executable, i am unaware IF this will work or even if i'm trying the right way so i would also apprecciate if someone could help me with this.

I managed to acquire a firmware upgrade tool that rendered the Actions device unusable but i again state that this is something i would like to accomplish so any help on this would be appreciated.