1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB ports wont ...work??

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by evilal, May 7, 2007.

1. evilal

evilal Guest

Hi all,iv ran into a little trouble with my computer recently, the problems is my USB ports wont detect any device I insert into them. There not fried and there all installed, iv tried re-installing them twice but to no avail. Now for the kinda wierd part, when i boot up my Computer to windows, the dignostic check shows that my mouse is present in the computer? but it wont detect it on the desktop and i cant use it. One thing that might be of help to sumone who might help me, is that recently I installed a pci sata card, but my computer start acting wierd so i took it out....., I hope someone can help me cause im absoloutly desperate!!!

Thanks Alan.

2. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

no exclamation marks in device manager?

3. evilal

evilal Guest

Nope none at all, every things fine in the device manager, my bios is perfect to, everything set up normally, and i doubt the actual usb ports are lose or fried either because both the front and back ones wont work, anyone any ideas atall???

4. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

if both the front & back ports don't work then part of the circuitry is fried eventho windows says it is alright. on some boards but not all they have fuses for usb ports so maybe the fuse went. try a system restore to before that sata card was put in. do you have or can borrow a multimeter to measure voltage?