1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

usb problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by ciocolata, Jan 30, 2005.

1. ciocolata

ciocolata Member

i have a question and i do not know where to post so here i go anyway.
    i have intel pentium 2 350 processor
    224 mb ram
    i am trying to get mobile phone tools to work (i know there is a forum for this) but the program says it does not support usb in windows 98.
    is there a program or a driver i could download to get it to work with windows 98 because i have plugged in my digital camera and my wife uses the usb for her palm pilot so i know the usb works..it just doesn't work with this phone program...is there any way around this so i dont have to go out and buy a new operating system?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

did you check phone site for win98 driver. what win98 version are you using & what os versions recommended for phone

3. ciocolata

ciocolata Member

i checked the website and there is no driver for windows 98.
    i am using windows 98 ver. 4.10.1998
    only windows 98se and up are recommended for the program, which i do not understand, i mean if i can use the usb ports for other devices, why can't i use it for this program?

4. ddp

because you have windows 98 first edition not second edition. see if can get a upgrade disk to second edition

5. ciocolata

ciocolata Member

you don't understand...i do not want to upgrade...my whole question is i know i have windows 98 first edition..is there a way around it so i do not have to upgrade?

6. ddp

if no driver for win98fe & win98se driver don't work than you have to upgrade to se or higher