1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USBadvance vs. USBextreme

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Brian23, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Brian23

Brian23 Guest

I've heard from a few people that USBadvance is NOT a hacked version of USBextreme like everyone keeps saying it is. It was supposedly developed at the same time by different people, and they just happened to come out at the same time. Also USBadvance is supposedly not as compatable with games as USBextreme.

Comments?

2. 007PStwo

007PStwo Regular member

it was developed by SJEEP who tried to frame PS2 Scene.

aperantly SJEEP is a lamer on his spare time.

3. Brian23

Brian23 Guest

It as in Advance or Extreme? So, are they really different or are they the same?

4. 007PStwo

007PStwo Regular member

they are different but do the same thing...

USB extream you buy. USB Advance is a download.....

Obviously if you burn it not buy a pressed disc you need somthing to load it.

I dont recomend either. load times off of a USB HD using PS2 usb 1.1 would be horrid. and compatibility for games off usb HD is terrable.

5. Brian23

Brian23 Guest

Well, I have USBadvance and a USB hard drive. I haven't tried very many games on it yet, but like you say, it's not very compatable. The load times are decent however. They seem like they're about the same as running a DVD. I'm currious about USBextreme though. If it's compatability is a lot better, then I may have to "buy" it. :)

6. 007PStwo

007PStwo Regular member

both usb advanjce and extream have poor compatibility due to the games not likeing USB HD loading. they will need to make many patches

7. Bundacrk

Bundacrk Guest

Brian23,
    I have a HD USB drive and the USBAdvance.
    I tried to use USBAdvance (USBAdvance1.Cracked-PS2Scene), but it didn't work, my psx didn't recongnize the disc, after I burn it, do you know why?
    I'm newer on this.. could you help me !!! I moded my psx with DuoSE... Thankx

8. AtariBorn

AtariBorn Regular member

I don't know if this is gonna work but, I use the memory card exploit cause I have no mod chip or swap disc.

I downloaded an ISO of USBAdvanced, and to my surprise, it had only boot information and an .ELF file. I copied the Elf to my memory card and it booted up, and it found my Action Replay USB jump drive and told me it contained no games?!?!?!?

I was sure it wouldn't work, but it did...now I just need to try my USB HDD and see if I can get any games to run.

9. fessp

fessp Member

I have tried over and over and my ps2 will not read my usb hdd.
    I have formatted it with ul_format and have added a game to it but it will not read the hard drive. I have USB Advance and I have no problem loading the disk but it keeps saying there is no hdd. I have a 120GB western digital harddrive so I know it is big enough. If anyone can help I would appreciate it very much.