1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USBExtreme HDD Format Question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by AceHazard, Apr 1, 2005.

1. AceHazard

AceHazard Member

I have a quick question about USBExtreme and the partitions on a USB HDD. Is it possible for instance to take a 120gb USB HDD and and make a 80gb partition for PS2 games to be backed up on and have the remaining 40gb be used for removable storage for my PC. So, will USBExtreme just format the entire drive or can it only format a particular partition on my USB HDD?

2. AceHazard

AceHazard Member

Well, does anyone have an answer for this. I haven't gotten my drive yet, and the answer to this question will help me decide what size I want to get. Please someone help me out.

3. hedgerock

hedgerock Member

I don't think anybody has gotten the USBExtreme disc yet. I asked this question to consolepoint.com (where I bought it) and they never answered that question. I too would like to know. Apparently you have to download/install a file from hdadvance.com after formatting your drive to get it to work - I am wondering how the file structure will work as well because I have a disc that will allow me to save my game data to a USB device and would like to save it all.