1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USBExtreme - How to convert back to original format?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Jaysimar, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Jaysimar

Jaysimar Member

I have my games backed up onto the usb hdd. How do i convert it from the usbextreme format to its original dvd format?
    thanks

2. blueshade

blueshade Member

You're in luck. I happened to do a comparison between the USBExtreme files and the origninal ISO and I found that the USBExtreme files are simply the original iso split into pieces of a certain length. I presume this is to avoid the file size limitation on FAT32 partitions, but other than splicing the iso into parts the tool that split them didn't modify them in any other way. So, in order to put them back together, you need to get a good hex editor [personally, I use HxD which was what I used to view the files in the first place], then open the individual files in order, then go to file 01 and copy everything, then paste the contents after the end of part 00. Repeat process for the other parts [copying all of their contents then pasting them at the end of the preceeding part] until you've got all the parts put together in one file. Then, save the file as a new file with a .iso extension, and you've got the orginal game back in iso form.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007