1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

usbextreme

Discussion in 'PS2' started by pre-cog, Mar 29, 2005.

1. pre-cog

pre-cog Member

hi, is it possible to, using the usbxtreme version to burn games directly from your PC hard drive to the one in your ps2??

2. Mufc_Rule

Mufc_Rule Regular member

You connect the hard drive to your pc.. transfer the game.. and then connect it to your PS2.

3. pre-cog

pre-cog Member

also when buring ps2 games how fast or slow should you burn? beacuse i tried burning with x2 speed however i got errors when trying to load the game on my hdd in my ps2. should i try a faster speed or could it just be some errors in the file. (im using dvd-r disk) thanks

4. Mufc_Rule

Mufc_Rule Regular member

They say the slower the speed the better the quality..
    What media are you using? (What make discs?)

5. pre-cog

pre-cog Member

the disks im using are legacy disks.

6. ac-tion

ac-tion Member

Is it possible to use for example , have a 120g hard drive and use half for my ps2 and the other half for my personal stuff(music,files , etc. ) and what would someone recommend the size for a HD for keeping about 15-25 games on a HD.

Thanks

7. hedgerock

hedgerock Member

I too would like to know how the formatting for the USB Extreme will work (i.e. If I could keep personal stuff on the hard drive as well without creating another partition, etc).

As for the amount of games, it depends on the game of course. Most DVD games are around 2GB (average), so 15-25 games would be around 30-50GB if they are all DVD-based games. For example, Punisher is about 1.7 GB and SW BattleFronts is around 3 (compressable to 1.8 though). Just matters what games you are putting on there, but 50 GB would probably be a safe bet.