1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USBLoaderGX not launching some games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Wyattspop, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Wyattspop

Wyattspop Regular member

Hey Guys,

I'm not a noob, I've done 2 Wii Homebrew installs myself (my unit and “grandpa’s”), but I seem to be having trouble with my current USBLoader GX, as some of my son's games won't launch. We're not talking Mario Party 2 or Pokemon either, I’m saying totally old-school budget-bin games like Excitebots, Monster Truck Mayhem etc. I have the discs to re-install once the loader works again, so that’s not an issue.

I assume I'm running an outdated GX version, is 3.0/3.0.1 the current? If it helps, I don't think I've updated the Wii in a year or two? Pretty sure I've got ios249.

Can you tell me, should I simply delete the outdated GX from my 2gb sd card and replace it with current one using my pc and retry it, or must I go through the softmod process again (which seems excessive to update a loader)

When I launch these games, the screen doesn’t go black, it returns me to the main menu.

Thanks All,

Wyattspoppa