1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use 1dvd-r instead of 2?

Discussion in 'DVD2One forum' started by cjwillie, Feb 9, 2003.

1. cjwillie

cjwillie Guest

I use dvdxcopy now but i want to know how to put just the movie on 1 dvd-r with dvd quality.

2. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

It is not possible to get full DVD quality unless the movie is 4.36 GB.

You can however, use a little piece of software (and by little, we mean LITTLE!) called DVD2ONE, we have a forum here just on that subject, where I will move this question.

There is a guide there and on Afterdawn homepage which will tell you how to use it. I am assuming you have Nero (as that works with DVDxCOPY) and you can use that in conjunction.

Plenty of people will slate me for saying this, but in fact after the menus, extras etc have been removed, usually the movie is only compressed by 10-20% (depending on subs and dubs also). This means in practice, that the quality is pretty much identical to normal DVD. I have a high res. Fujitsu plasma and frankly even that does not always show the loss is quality.

I rate this software very highly and suggest if you want to get to grips with it, you look around this forum and read the guides.

Paul.