1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use DVD Decrypter on large movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by creager, Jan 20, 2005.

1. creager

creager Member

I have a movie of 8,166,258,688 bytes.
    How do I burn it using DVD Decrypter or what other program. Shrink can not decode it.

Thanks,
    Bill

2. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

What movie are you trying to copy?

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Are you saying the whole movie is that big? Not likely. But many movies come dual layer with lots of extras and can easily take up 7-8 gbs total.

Assuming you can rip it with dvd decrypter, then you should be able to copy just the movie itself with shrink.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

You use Decrypter to rip to your HD, Then run those files through DVDShrink like you normally would a dvd.

Jerry

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  5. TenMen

TenMen Regular member

i had that problem when i was trying to back-up 'the stand' last night. the dvd was badly scratched (guess i almost got around to doing it to late). shrink had a problem w/it + errored out. so i ripped it w/decrypter, which is a better program for damaged discs. tonight i'll shrink it & burn.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You may want to split that movie onto 2 Disks. Your quality isnt going to be to good otherwise. I backed up my copy of the Stand and I had to put it on 2 disks to preserve the quality. Just some friendly advise :)