1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use of HEND now can not play movies or UMD

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Seismicsi, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Seismicsi

Seismicsi Member

Hi

After using HEND i get a fuzzy multi coloured screen now every time i try to start a UMD game which does not work now. Also andy movies now just are a blank screen. Anyway to sort out problem, much appreciated

2. foxrider

foxrider Guest

ummmmm why are you using HEND jsut go to a custom firmware it is a lot easier

3. Seismicsi

Seismicsi Member

Unfortunately I have a TA -082 ( FW 2.71 ) Japaness model and have been using HEND quite sometime now for homwbrew applications, this was before the down grades were available from Dark Alex ( such a loss ). Anyway after I got these problems I tried using the easy down grader to 1.5 with no problem at all flashing the memory. Firmware worked great then I tried re-flashing with a firmware 2.71 to see if the UMD games would work and H.264 movies would run after a fresh FW 2.71 but no luck still same problem. In the end went back to 1.5 and upgraded to 3.03 OE-C. Nice firmware with a few nice features so tried playing UMD games still no luck they try to load but don’t start but the demo UMD disc I got has some small demo games on these actually work but non of the movies. Any movies converted to the H.264 AVC format do not play at all but movies converted to the old MPEG-4 format play without any problems. Very strange read many threads and tried the normal things. But as I said all was working quite well until one time I used HEND to enter some Homebrew application and then Full UMD games and H.264 movies judt stopped working. I can only assume that something in the flash memory of the PSP has got corrupted in some way. But flashing the PSP with new firmware does not help. I am just thinking there maybe be something that could rest the PSP to its default settings and yes I did try the reset to defaults in the PSP GUI but this did not help at all. Its like the PSP has been BRICKED in not playing UMD’s or H.264 videos.