1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use the AD-Buddies java chat applet on any network

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by varnull, Oct 25, 2008.

1. varnull

varnull Guest

Ok.. cool.. so you are stuck somewhere on a strange machine, maybe behind a firewall which blocks IRC aplications and chatzilla.. Don't panic.

Here is a little guide which may just get you chatting away with your pals when all else fails.

1: go here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/655108 and look for the link to http://www.adbuddies.org/ (or go straight there)

[​IMG]

Take the first link.. the one that says #afterdawn

2: Put in your wanted nickname.. don't bother with a password as we will be changing networks.

[​IMG]

Like so...

[​IMG]

Then hit <enter>

3: Voila.. #afterdawn on the stormchat network...

[​IMG]

BUT... this isn't where we want to be?

4: Change network by putting /server <new network> (I have channels on irc.villageirc.net so I used that) and hitting enter... like so

[​IMG]

This will take you to #afterdawn on whatever network you selected... which will be your empty channel, so don't worry about that.

5: We need to join whatever rooms we normally use.. We do this by using the command /join <#channel> (again as I use village I have some.. in this case #linux-chat) and <enter>

[​IMG]

6: If you are known and registered on whatever network/channel you use then change your nick

[​IMG]

7: You will need to manually identify your password.. I tried the java applet pass but it didn't seem to work after changing networks...

/msg nickserv identify <password> <enter>

[​IMG]

And that's all there is to it... You can see more from the server messages after closing the channel to get the network home window.

[​IMG]

Hope my little exploitation guide comes in handy.. Try it next time you are blocked from IRC by a firewall or lack of installed applications

2. hursty

hursty Active member

Damn thing dont work now
    you need to register to join the chat room

3. varnull

varnull Guest

Hi Hursty.. network moved at New Year..

irc.villageirc.net #afterdawn

4. hursty

hursty Active member

cheers