1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use the G2 on Tmobile without data plan ???

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by kim35655, Jun 18, 2011.

1. kim35655

kim35655 Member

Hello,

I want to give the G2 to my sister and buy the HTC sensation for myself. Because my sister is a very heavy texter and she doesn't use the phone for anything else beside talking and texting. But the problem is, my sister account is a regular account without any data plan on it, just talk and unlimited text.

I called Tmobile and the rep told me that he can't activate the G2 on my sister account (which is on the same family account with me). He said to be using the G2, the account must have data plan.

However, i discovered that all android phones (or maybe most of them) have the option to use only 2G networks. So my question is, is it possible for me to just activate the option and plug my sister's sim card into the phone? Is it safe to do that? cause we don't want to receive a huge data bills on my sister account just for using the phone.

Any suggestion ?

2. ZeusAV

ZeusAV Member

You should just be able to put her sim card into the phone and start using it. T-Mobile just knows what type of plan you have on the phone line. There's no way for them to tell what type of phone you have unless you tell them.

One of my buddies was using an iPhone on T-Mobile without a data plan for a year and they never knew.