1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

used 360 with new warranty question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dude1001, Jul 19, 2007.

1. dude1001

dude1001 Member

i work at a small computer shop and my boss said he fixed his rlod problem wit some fan mods and such opening his 360
    so i bought my friends dead 360 for cheap it was a premium (unmoded but out of warrenty at the time)
    but he kept the hd for the new one he was buying
    i asked about a receipt and he didnt have it anymore
    well anyway i was going to go get it modded to try and fix it but i didnt because i heard about the warranty on rlod being extended to 3 years meaning this is covered?

the problem is its a premium without the hd and i have no proof of purchase or the box etc. (the warranty seal is NOT broken btw)
    is there anyway to still get it repaired under warranty?
    or if my friend found proof of purchase would it mater if i sent it without the hd

thanks any helps appreciated dont hesitate to pm me if you dont want it mentioned in the thread

thanks

2. theridges

theridges Guest

if im not mistaken they will just ask for the serial number off of the xbox and the problem and all you have to do is send it in...it should still be covered..as long as your warranty sticker is intact..

3. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

They dont even ask about the serial number,just name,number,address,problem and you dont need proof of purchase.No hard drive,or anything you JUST send the console by its self

4. theridges

theridges Guest

there you go.

5. zincy

zincy Member

do they provide you with a box to send it?
    or can you send it in the orignal box?

thanks
    zincy

6. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

They provide the box and shipping cost