1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

used Shrink, now can't burn!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gdenton, Mar 4, 2005.

1. gdenton

gdenton Member

This has happened to me on more than one dvd. So I know it isn't just a certain dvd. Problem: I use DVD Decrypter, then DVD Shrink 3.2. Everything works fine. But then I go to Nero (StartSmart) to burn the dvd and can't. I'll add my new file that DVD Shrink created but the Nero window "Burn" button will still be grey, not red, the color it has to be to burn. What gives? I'm pulling my hair out over this. I haven't been able to burn a movie after using Shrink yet. AAH!

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Have you tried enabling burning with Nero from Shrink. In Shrink go to Edit-Preferences-File I/O and down at the bottom there's a box "Enable burning with Nero". That's what I do, and I use SmartStart.

You could also use Shrink and burn with Decryptor since it's already installed, in the burn window under "select backup target" you can choose, "Iso image file and burn with Decryptor".

3. Bigfatboy

Bigfatboy Regular member

At the top of nero make sure your burner is selected if you have multiple drives.

peace

4. gdenton

gdenton Member

Yes, I've got it checked to "enable burning with Nero". I actually remember after the Shrink process took place, it apparently started to burn but it quickly said "Burn process failed". I figured maybe I could do it manually thru Nero. But then I got the above problem of the "Burn" button not being red. :(
    And yes, my burner drive is selected on Nero.
    I didn't really understand OU812Ono's comment about selecting the backup target. Where do I do this? In Shrink, Decryptor, or Nero?

5. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

It's in Shrink, once you do what you want in there "full backup, re-author.." you hit the "Backup!" button. Then a Backup Dvd window will open, your first choice at the top is "Select Backup Target, to the right of the cd with flames on it". Click the down arrow to the right of that column and a menu will open up, one of those choices is "Iso image file and burn with Decryptor". If you choose that it will go through the motions, analizing-encoding.... and then it should open up Decryptor for you, and I beleive it will auto-burn if I'm not mistaken.

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

What is the brand name/speed/and format of your media?
    How fast are you trying to burn them?

What is brand name and model # of your burner?

One good possibility is your burner's firmware is not programmed to that manufacturer's code on your media.

This would be the case if you get dvd shrink to successfully place those files on your hard drive,and then fail the burn-right off the bat-during that lead-in phase. Also crap media can do this.Some media is so crappy,that nero won't even recognize it.

Check out the bottom of those discs after they errored out. Notice any discoloration of the purple dye and see if it actually started to burn or failed before the actual burn.

Get some rw's to practice with. Good Luck