1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used system checklist? Any tips are appreciated.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Ender88, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

I'm going over to someone's house who answered my classified to check out the used 360 he has to offer. Are there any tips you guys could offer me to make sure I don't slip up? So far this is the checklist I have:

- Is it premium or core?
    - What DVD tray does it have? (Samsung, Hitachi or Benq), if it's a Hitachi, I might buy it to sell on eBay.
    - Is the warranty sticker still intact?
    - Does it have a HDD?
    - Any physical wear/damage?
    - Accessories? (if premium, are the included ones still there?)
    - Games?
    - NTSC Region 1? (I can just check to see if an NTSC game works, but is there a way to see if the game is region 1 from the cover? I only see that it says NTSC from cover scans)
    - Box or manuals?
    - Cables? (are the connections touchy or not?)
    - Does the DVD drive make a lot of noise?
    - Do the controller(s) work well? (this is a big concern of mine, I haven't played 360 much at all, is there a good test? I'm not so sure I'd notice if they had problems since I'm newb at every aspect of 360)

If you guys would suggest I do anything else, I'd appreciate it.

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

also if the xbox freezes while playing. that could mean that it is close to the three red lights

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

You'll want to check the mfg. date which is on the back by the bar code. MS recently extended their warrenty to 1 year. So you'll want to consider the age of the 360, also.

4. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

The warranty doesn't matter too much since I'll be modding it anyways (although if I sell it on eBay, it would help). What should I look for in a manufacturing date?

krj - When you say 3 red lights, you just mean dead, nothing technical right? How long of play time do you think is sufficient?

5. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

i mean, just make sure that it is in good working condition, if it has been played alot and freezes, that means that it might need repairs, or it could get the three red lights of death