1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

usenet connection

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by J0hnnyga, May 28, 2007.

1. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

if this is against the rules im really sorry but i didnt see it anywhere. anyways im basically looking for someone who has an open usenet connection that they could sell me per month. i was thinking about trying to get an account myself but they sell accounts with 10 conenctions so i have seen...or if anyone knows a site i can buy just a single connection. anyways cant post emails so i guess PM me with info like limits and cost per month if you have an account for sale.
    -thanks

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Against the rules or not, it's not possible. Commercial Usenet accounts cannot be shared between IP addresses.

Last edited: May 28, 2007
  3. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

are you sure about that? because i have a friend who has been sharing for a long while... over at school

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Well, Giganews says

Giganews personal accounts are for single customer use only. Your account is restricted to a single computer / IP address at any one time.

You'd have to arrange times for you to use the shared account, and if the account provider found out, they'd cancel the regular user's contract.

I would never share such an account. The other person might be downloading illegal stuff and I'd get the blame.

5. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

maybe thats only giganews i dono what service my friend uses but i also know he dls tons of illegeal stuff such as tv shows and programs and such and he has not gotten any kind of warning. i dont think there is alot of monitoring on usenet.