1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User friendly software for editing (translating) DVD subtitles

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by teobrazil, Mar 16, 2005.

1. teobrazil

teobrazil Member

Hi friends;

Before posting this, I've done a search and found a similar thread (http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/153269),
    but unfortunatelly, I didn't get the answer I need.

So I'll try to detail my problem as much as possible:

I'm looking for an user friendly software that's capable of editing existing subtitles on a ripped DVD as if I were using a commum word processor.

Explaining: Suppose I have a region 1 Disc that has english, spanish or more subtitle options. Then I rip this DVD to my hard drive (with let's say, Elby's Clone DVD).

What I need is: Open the ripped DVD files on an user-friendly software, so I can choose one of the existing subtitles (let's say english) and just re-type the text into another language as I would in a Notepad (.txt) or Word (.doc) file (i.e. change the word 'house' to 'casa' etc.).

Then, when I finally burn the DVD-R, it will have my 'translated/altered' subtitles instead of the original ones.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards from Brazil!

Teo

2. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

Hi there....

Have you tried Subtitle Workshop??? It has an option which enables subtitle translation line by line (you have to do the job, not the program).

You say you're brazilian, if you manage to grab a little spanish (which should not be that difficult for getting the global picture) I suggest this site which is really good and has a specific manual for the soft: http://www.mundodivx.com/subtitulos/index.php

have fun

3. teobrazil

teobrazil Member

Thank you very much for replying, k0k0m0!!!

I'll try this software (Subtitle Workshop), hope I can manage to follow the spanish instructions!

Once again, thank you! :)

Best regards,

Teo

4. k0k0m0

k0k0m0 Regular member

Hi teo...

do you know you can change the language at subtitle workshop to portuguese?

To do so go to settings -> Language -> Portuguese

Have fun!