1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using 3rd party hard drive with 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by donrafa7, Jan 1, 2008.

1. donrafa7

donrafa7 Member

Is it possible to use a usb hdd or a sata hdd or maybe even a flash drive in place of a microsoft hdd? FOr game demos and original xbox games?

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

3. mjfouline

mjfouline Guest

yea it is but u need s seagate and u need the acual HDD enclse from a HDD.

its possible

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2008
  4. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

i dont think thats what he is talking about.
    he is obviously referring to something he can just stick in the 360 and use it, thats not going to work.
    he could buy the specific sata hdd and either replace the one in a 360 hdd case or mount it internaly but thats a bit complicated to do.

5. donrafa7

donrafa7 Member

yeah I was thinking of something I could just plug in without the encloure, I only got a core system. I only got it because I knew it had the falcon and the pro/elites at my store were not likely to have falcons.

6. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

well without doing some modding a hard drive your out of luck.
    you can how ever try to buy one off ebay, alot of people but the 120 gig hdd and sell there old 20's,
    i bought one after thnxgiving for 43 bucks shipped.

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

It's the Western Digital Scorpio series. It can be programmed to work as an official MS 360 hdd.

But the problem is that the process is quite technically advanced for the average user and you'd still need a key from an original MS hard drive. Also, you would still only be stuck with a 20/120 gig drive. You can't go any bigger or in between. The cost of the Scorpio and enclosure, wiring the hdd to connect to the 360, and the programming process makes it out of reach for 95% of the 360 users. Plus, when the first round of bannings hit in Spring '07, it was thought that some of the bannings were due to multiple users having the same key on their hdd.