1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a dry mark pen / and what does Volume mean?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tomroxie, Nov 3, 2004.

1. tomroxie

tomroxie Member

Hello to all.
    I'm Tom, and I think this site is just great!
    I have 2 question's,
    1st, I only make copies of DVD's I own for myself, and so, I usually just write the title of the DVD with a dry mark pen.
    I feel it's okay to do, but at this site, I know many of you are very well informed, is this an Okay thing to do?
    My 2nd, is when burning CD's, or Mp3's, Nero has this option about Volume, is which I usually skip, because I don't know what it is exactly. Is it relating to the adjusting of the actual Audio Volume, or something else?
    This has been my very first question, as a new member, and I just want to say thanks to everyone for all your great wisdom.
    Sincerely, Tomroxie

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Marking with the dry pen should be ok. I use a Sharpie.

I am not sure what the volume is, unless it is the option for making all of the cuts on the CD the same volume level.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

The latter I would think as that is a problem. Many apps have a volume equalizing feature which is handy beyond belief.

AFA the "Volume" meaning size, I personally like to have a bit of "breathing" room around my MP3 files. I find it easier to "scan" the files if there is a bit of a "gap" between my files. My choice only -

Cheers,

Pete

4. tomroxie

tomroxie Member

Thanks for your opinons, Guy's!
    Sincerely, Tomroxie