1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a joined AVI to make a DVD using ConvertXtoDVD. Having problems.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Blood1507, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Blood1507

Blood1507 Member

I had 2 avi's for a movie that has 5.1 audio and joined them together to make one avi. I used VirtualDubMod they joined fine It plays fine on my PC....and thought cool....ok...now I'll use ConvertXtoDVD to make a DVD. I've used convertxtodvd for a year or so and I've never had a problem with it before, but when I tried to convert the joined avi with convertxdvd, It burned ok....it plays on my PC but not on my DVD players? why is this?

like I said before....I've used Xtodvd to burn avi files before with no problem....why isn't it working now? I'm thinking when I joined the avi files together it changed the codec or something. I'm not sure why??

I need help with this.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

With VdubMod did you use 'Direct Stream Copy'? Was the resultant AVI exactly the same size as the sum of the 2 you used?

3. Blood1507

Blood1507 Member

Yes, I used Direct Stream Copy and it was the same size exactly. Do you know why it wont work? It was the joining that did something. what it did I don't know?

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Be hard to say without asking lotsa questions. I always join AVI's (I use Vdub Mp3 freeze) and convert with ConvertX to files, then do the final burn to disc with Nero Express.

Maybe a PAL/NTSC thing? How are your settings?

5. Blood1507

Blood1507 Member

I used Vdub Mp3 freeze and it worked. Thanks for your help MysticE:)