1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using a lcd computer monitor for my ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by 68b_body, Apr 25, 2007.

1. 68b_body

68b_body Guest

i want to get a 22" lcd monitor to hook my ps3 to. what do i need to look for when buying one? and will a lcd monitor support 720p 1080i. i got about 300 bucks to spend and i was checking out the monitors at best buy. will the picture quality for blu-ray movies and games be as good a a HD lcd tv?

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

You can get LCD Monitors that can support HD, but they are a little pricey! You would need to look to see if the LCD has Component Hookups on it! They have some like that, but like I said they are a little pricey! I'm building a PC right now, and want an LCD that can support HD, so that I can hook up my PS3, and Xbox 360 to it! I've seen a few at NewEgg, and they run for about $300+! But ya...

**UPDATE** I just checked on Newegg, and most of the LCD's that support HD, are $379 and up! Here is one that looks pretty decent, and is even HDMI Ready

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889022019

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  3. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

look for a monitor that has a DVI connector, then get a HDMI to DVI addaptor.

4. astro_boy

astro_boy Member

Before getting a LCD monitor for PS3, there is a very important thing you need to take note, the monitor have to be HDCP compliance or else you will not be able to use it with your PS3 even if there is a DVI input. Have personally check with LCD monitor manufacturer (Philips). All their LCD monitor are NOT HDCP compliance.

5. Navar

Navar Member

6. 68b_body

68b_body Guest

the ones i was looking at are HDCP. so hows the quality vs. a HD LCD TV?

7. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I would highly recommend going with the screen that DavGerm4 recommended. It has HDMI, HDCP support, everything you need to consider your screen "future-proof".