1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using a Mac to burn PS2 backups...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by smashqube, Oct 15, 2004.

1. smashqube

smashqube Member

hey everyone! just registered. I've searched around, but haven't found a straight answer to my situation so if anyone has any idea about this lemme know.

I've got a cheap no-solder mod chip in my PS2 right now because some idiot broke my old one putting in a DUO2 and I gave up. [bold]However, regardless of whether or not I boot it with the swap-disc the PS2 doesn't seem to like my DVD-R media, or how I burned them.[/bold]

Here's what's going on: (this didn't work)
    1. my copy of DDRMAX2 for PS2 got all dinged up, so I did a DMG of it with Disk Utility on my Mac)
    2. I then burned the DMG with Toast, and the game couldn't be loaded by my PS2.

Then, I tried burning a copy of the game from an ISO file that I "acquired". That didn't work either. (I burned it with Toast)

I'm not sure what's up but I'm using decent quality media that's worked for everything else that I've done. My Playstation won't even read the DVD movies that I've burned, though, but neither will my dvd player. (my computers will though so I could care less)

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

2. smashqube

smashqube Member

nevermind I got it working. turned out that that stupid no-solder mod chip wasn't working. I took the top off of my PS2's dvd drive and swapped the discs manually without the chip's help and it's working just fine.