1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using A Monitor as a TV

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Eugene482, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

I would like to for example connect a ps2 or a DVD player to a computer and use a monitor as a tv, I don't need to watch programs on my monitor, all I want is to use it as a display. There's a yellow hole on the motherboard on the back of my case but it doesn't seem to work. What do I need? Thanks in advance.

2. jazbebies

jazbebies Guest

The yellow hole you say is on the back of your case is most likely for tv-out or spdif audio-out. I think what you need is a tv capture card, basically you can connect many devices to the card such as dvd player or PS2 as u said, you then can view the output of them on the monitor.

3. Eugene482

Eugene482 Regular member

I am getting a lot of TV Tuner cards there, are you sure because TV Card mostly implies on a device which catches TV signals and sends them to your PC. Thanks btw.

4. jazbebies

jazbebies Guest

Hi,

Tv capture cards not only have the RF port for connecting aerials to but also can capture, record and display other video signals via a
    s-video-in port. I have one myself and have used it to connect my sky box video output to so i can record programs, also my xbox.

Theres many out there to choose from which have the function you need.

Heres a typical example- http://www.interloper.com/graphics/video_cards/goog-pc-tv.jpg

As you can see there is a black s-video-in port there among the others. Most manufacturers include the adapter to convert the s-video connector to the 3 coloured composite wires (Yellow,Red,White).