1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using a new 4Gb memory stick in my psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bombadilo, Feb 27, 2007.

1. bombadilo

bombadilo Member

i've been using a 1Gb mem stick in my psp. i've downgraded from v2.00 to 1.5 and installed and successfully used dev hook 0.45 to play iso's and cso's without any probs.
    recently some of the iso's i've accquired are 1.5 Gb so i decided to invest in a 4Gb card.
    when i copy everything from my 1Gb card onto my pc then copy it back onto the 4Gb card i cannot play my iso's ?
    i go into dev hook as normal, i go to UMD mount select iso/anyumd then umd select chose the iso game, then go to start.(as i normally do)
    the screen changes to red but device hook does not kick in even when i insert the umd disc ?
    do i need to reinstall device hook onto the new 4Gb card ?
    (incidently when i put my 1Gb card back in it still works as normal)
    any help would be appreciated

2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

im not sure if the 4gb memsticks work with 1.5 psp's so that could be your problem

3. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

try the upgrade to 3.03 oe-c or 3.10 oe-a custom firmwares and it should fix ur problem plus u dont need devhook no more and ps1 games are playable

4. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

you'd still use a loader? it just gets too complicated. i'd say go 3.03oe-c. if you're 1.5 then there's an easy installer. :)

5. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Correct. only 2.81 or higher can use 4GB sticks.

Use Hexitnows winstaller to upgrade to 3.03OEC.

6. bombadilo

bombadilo Member

many thanks folks,

wish i'd known that before i'd bought it. i think i might of got two 2Gb sticks instead !

it took me ages to pluck up the courage to install and use dev hook successfully. i'm a dull woodwork teacher and i didn't want to wreck my son's psp. hope this new method is as easy as it sounds.

btw got the 4Gb stick on amazonmarketplace from a digitalworlduk - just over £30 including p&p and speedy delivery.