1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a PC Harddrive on a PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by asdfman, Oct 30, 2004.

1. asdfman

asdfman Guest

I have a old(about 2 years) IBM Harddrive thats about 40 GB. Can I reformat it and put it in my PS2? If I can would it work fine?

Well if I cant what's the cheapest brand of HD that works best with the PS2?

ALso I plan to use it with HD Advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2004
  2. getomafia

getomafia Member

I have never tried to first use a hard drive in my computer and then try to use it in my PS2 but theoreticaly it should work as long as it is an internal IDE hard drive that physically fits in the expansion slot. As to its age it really shouldnt matter my 120GB hard drive was about 1 and a hlaf years old. Just to be safe though i would format the hard drive with a computer and then let HD advance do its own formating with the PS2

3. getomafia

getomafia Member

I have never tried to first use a hard drive in my computer and then try to use it in my PS2 but theoreticaly it should work as long as it is an internal IDE hard drive that physically fits in the expansion slot. As to its age it really shouldnt matter my 120GB hard drive was about 1 and a hlaf years old. Just to be safe though i would format the hard drive with a computer and then let HD advance do its own formating with the PS2. As to the cheapest brand i have no idea but i do know that maxtor hard drives are sure shot winners and work every time.

4. asdfman

asdfman Guest

Ok thank you.

I've been hearing greatr things about Maxtor Harddrives and using it with the PS2. I guess I should just go ahead and buy a Maxtor instead.