1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using a PC with HDLoader

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by p_mcmanis, Apr 8, 2005.

1. p_mcmanis

p_mcmanis Member

Could some1 jsut post/link a basic guide to use my pc to put games on a hardrive. If you aren't sure if what you have to say isnt what Im looking for post it anyway. I have no modchip/swap magic and I dont want to wear my laser out.
    I have a DVD drive and USB 2.0 and of course IDE
    thx in advance

2. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

i dont know of a guide its pretty simple really, all you have to do is take your ps2's hard drive out and plug it into your ide cable in your computer. Once you do that start up windows as normal, dont worry if you cant see your ps2 hard drive in my computer this is normal. Then you can use a program to transfer a game to the hd such as Hd Handiness you can transfer an .iso standar image or juts transfer a ps2 game straight from your dvd drive. i dont know where to get hd handiness from i download it from the PS2NFO site but its doing an upgrade right now but if you google it im sure you can find it oh and HDL dump is also an alternative but i havent tried it.

3. adamacb

adamacb Member

don't forget the common problem of setting your jumpers on the hard drives

4. p_mcmanis

p_mcmanis Member

Lol, I dont have a problem, im just curious as to what to do. You set them for slave in comp and master in ps2 right? SO HDLoader automaticallt recognizes them? That woul dbe awesome, but what about dual layer games?
    Hmm, Im a bit curious as to something, does the name that you give the image that you put on the HD automatically go to

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2005
  5. p_mcmanis

p_mcmanis Member

this is unrelated to my above post so bear with me, what if I want to do dual layer games?

6. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

7. p_mcmanis

p_mcmanis Member

I cant register with ps2-nfo.com I wish I could see that guide though.

8. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

Well if you PM me your e-mail address ill send you the guide and needed programs by e-mail as an attachment if you want.