1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Action Replay with PS2, some questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Maceasar, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Maceasar

Maceasar Member

I have some questions about using Action Replay with PS2

I havent gotten to get the internet connection to work to update the cheat list. Ie: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is not listed.

Can anyone help me with how to burn updated list onto cd and then place in PS2.

Its confusing. I see photos that I cant get to in AR.
    How do you get out of expert mode?

But I cant update the list. I get 'error with Max Memory server'. What the heck is that? Is it related to the max media creator on your pc?

The instructions are bad and doesnt help it is small type. I scan/zoomed the pages for easier reading but still poorly made instructions

Are there any Action replay forums on internet? The forum at codejunkies, their website, is closed

So, the burning and transfer to PS2. How is it done?

Thx.

2. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

i cant answer your question because i havent used the action replay for years but have you tried emailing datel?
    if what you are trying to do is not illegal im sure they will help you out.

also i dunno if you can be bothered to call them up but they do have a tech support number on 727-431-0650

hope this is of some help to you

3. Maceasar

Maceasar Member

No, its not illegal.
    THat is how the product stays up to date with cheat codes by offering updates at codejunkies.com

4. Maceasar

Maceasar Member

5. steimy

steimy Active member

you enter codes by going into expert mode. Then go to the top of the game list and there should be some blank spaces.
    Then you press X and it will ask you to name it, which you will use something like GTA SA
    Then after you name it and move the cursor over to ok and press X
    Then it will come to entering the first code THIS ONE MUST BE THE MASTER CODE (the one at the top of the code list you will print out with the (M) beside it.
    After that go to ok again and press enter
    Now the next screen you will start entering the actual codes for the game, name them, eneter all the codes, when done with that set go to ok an press X
    Keep doing this until all the codes you want are entered.
    after that you can back up (with triangle or square button, i am sure it tells you on the screen) and choose which codes to activate.
    once you choose them press the start button, chose to start games with codes, then it will ask for your disc (which needs to be the original, backups are a whole different process)
    put in the game press X and your game will load.
    here are the codes you need (for the US version)
    http://us.codejunkies.com/codes_show.asp?rf=0&c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&g=13633180&p=13

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  6. Maceasar

Maceasar Member

Thank you for replying. I bought Action Replay Max from Blockbusters about 10 days ago.

It isn't explained well and I have found nothing (Action Replay forums) to find help. The one at Codejunkies.com has been closed and now I wonder if this is illecgal as someone at ign.com said.

I have tried to upload code via internet and cd-r - both without success. I saw you could add codes but I thought there is no way anyone is entering 1400+ codes for GTA:San Andreas for example.

I didnt know about the Master code so thank you for that. I did GTA:SA's master code and then added 'freeze timer' but how do you work it. I did missions with a timer and it did not stop the timer.

I should have bought Game Shark ;-)

You said "you enter codes by going into expert mode"
    - I have never been able to get out of expert mode. I see diagrams in the instruction book of a circle type menu but I have never seen it.

And in max media player, I cant get out of that. I had to turn PS2 off and start again

I did figure out how to add code onto cd-r by draggiong to the left side of the screen of Media creator but I think there was nothing for GTA:SA for example. You have to drag every entry to the left side.

Didnt help because I couldnt get it transferred onto PS2.

I can format and partition a computer but this Action Replay . . . its ridiculous.

Are there any forums on the internet?

Thanks. Im writing the websmaster/contact info.
    Mark

7. Maceasar

Maceasar Member

Ohm I can play Ratchet and Clank:Up Your Arsenal online but I switch to AR and I have no connection

this thing is nuts!!!