1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using alcohol to burn any pc game(i figured it out..finally)!!!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by DrXfactr, Sep 22, 2004.

1. DrXfactr

DrXfactr Member

Its quite simple to burn games. First of all you need a program called Protection-ID. You can get it at www.gameburnworld.com/cdridentifyingtools.htm Then click v5 it should right in front of you i think its a zip file. What it does is scans your file or files for protection such as securom, safedisk, and lots more. Just hit scan, browse for a file in explorer, and then it will tell you if you have any or not. If you don't. Then theres many ways to burn disks. If its safedisk 2.7 or higher you'll have to load the trial or real version of alchohol 120%. Insert the real game(loaded first) and get to any main screen where it says quit. quit the game. Keep the disc in d or E drive(whatever drive) go back into alcohol. Go into options/general section. In a little white box on the left it will have emulation at the bottom and then extra below that. Go into extra emulation and check of BAD sectors(remmeber its bad sectors for safedisk the other 2 boxes can be in the same situation) Then go into the Image Making Wizard. In there you can leave anything except the datatype at bottom of window. change it to safedisk whatever 2 or 3)(it doesn't have to be safedisk its just what i'm posting about) Then hit next. Now go back to options in the data type setting box. theres should be 2 tabs in that window. in the recording options tabe uncheck the window with efm or whatever. It has ef_ in it i can't remeber. Go back to the burning thing and hit start(remember to make datatype 2/3) Just wait for that to get done. Make sure you remmeber where you put the image before you started the making wizard (mine went to an alcohol 120% folder with *.mds and *.mdf) Now once thats done go into the recording option and set the buffer memory to 74mb(if the physical ram is really hight it may be 100 or so) 256 is 74 500 or around there is 100 mb of memory buffer I forgot you have to do these otpions before you ope nthe wizards or you'll have to close them again. Go back and do everything agains and burn the image onto the disk. Make sure the datatype is set to safedisk2/3 AGAIN! Once its done just click finish and the game will work without and bull shit clone disks or 2 sheep burner crap. You guys make things so complicated. Please reply with any problems. You sholdn't have any unless my dirrections aren't clear enough.--DrXfactr
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Derek[/small]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Oh boy, the genius is back. Couldn't stay away could you?

Explain again the need to have the game running when you open A120?

You really have things figured out don't you?

Did you ever post your amazing technique over at http://www.cdfreaks.com/ ? I'd love to see what they think about your lovely theories. Post the link for me would you? Or shall I do it for you?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    Got Indie? http://cdbaby.com/

My Movies! http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/Rephaim

Forum rules! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2004
  3. DrXfactr

DrXfactr Member

YOu have to have alcohol opened first. Then play the REAL game. Once you get into a menu where it says quit(eery game has it..i hope lol) quit the game alcohol has to read it its one of the glitches of the program. Having this disk in allowed you to go to options/data type setting/ recording options tab and uncheck the object with efm unchec the box with bypass efm i think.

4. Nephilim

So if it's a glitch in A120 what did their tech support say when you contacted them about it? You did contact them didn't you?

I'm still waiting for that link at cdfreaks.

5. DrXfactr

DrXfactr Member

I did post at CD Freaks lol I hope they get a good use out of my knowledge lo. please reply with any further questions.

6. Nephilim

Where's the link?

7. DrXfactr

DrXfactr Member

cdfreaks.com recording software forum. alcohol section i'm at the top of that

8. DrXfactr

DrXfactr Member

they thin safedisk 3.2 won't allow it to work. what do they know lol i've done it with that technoloy in the post it said safedisk 2.7 or higher!!! they need to read lol

9. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

10. Nephilim

Interestingly phoenix who's part of the Alcohol 120% Software Administration Team gave your marvelous theory a big yawn. But I guess in your fantasy world you know more than the people who made the software right?

If your miracle method works so well how come you can't back up Sims 2?

11. DrXfactr

DrXfactr Member

I have no idea. i can backup spinter cell: pandora tomorrow and call of duty: infite force or something i don't have the game with me at the moment

12. zaif53

zaif53 Guest

or just use clone cd does the job without all that emulation, quit game etc nonesense.. just copy cd to cd 1:1 works with games up sd3. I tried on latest aomx game worked fine no problems and wc3 also.

13. Hemispasm

Hemispasm Member

Well he finally did, thank you for delivering the package over here :p

14. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Why dont you just install/download the game then crack it... :Z, this sounds well long winded!!

15. Nephilim

Because some of us don't take the lazy way out. We prefer the satisfaction of having made as close to a 1:1 copy as we can.

16. Doofy

Doofy Regular member

As far as i there is not a reliable no cd patch for the sims2 everyone that has been released so far do not work correctly.

17. indienemo

indienemo Guest

to nephilim, same end result innit, less work. to doofy, once youve downloaded it, keep the .bin and mount it onto a virtual drive, sorted. PS there is a working sims 2 crack, check out [*link removed*].

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2004
  18. Nephilim

@indienemo,

I suggest you take at look at the forum rules, there's link to them in my sig. Posting links to cracks is going to shorten your stay here considerably.

I don't think the end result is the same at all. With a 1:1 copy I have a working copy that I can use in both my machines and not have to overwrite game files with a patch that may not even work.

Making a 1:1 needs precision and knowledge whereas using a crack is a sloppy method with no measure of accomplishment.

19. Nephilim

Lol! I hope you don't hold it against me for long!

Good to see you drop by boss :)

20. Hemispasm

Hemispasm Member

np, i will just return the favor with someone equally challenged :p

_X_X_X_X_X_[small].
    http://www.cdfreaks.com[/small]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2004