1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using AR MAX codes on Back-Up Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Stryker12, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Stryker12

Stryker12 Member

Hey i was just wondering if it is possible to use your AR-max only for cheat codes on backups. I can't seem to get them to boot. Here's my set up...

Insert Swap Magic CD Disc (have to use it to boot ar max for some reason it won't work on my v9 ps2)

Run AR Max and turn on codes, then i click start game with selected codes. I insert the Swap Magic DVD Disc. I hit ok and it boots to the Insert Disc Screen. I swap the discs and the screen flashes blue like it should. Then nothing it just freezes up and doesn't do anything, i've tried it with multiple games, is there a diff method?

2. Dunebuggy

Dunebuggy Member

I'm having the same problem. I just picked up the ARM Evo, and put in the disc, then pop in the SwapMagic disc, and then tell ARM to start with codes. It goes to the "Insert disc" screen of the Swap disc, and the game loads, but the codes don't work. I don't know what else to try. Any help would be appreciated.

3. Stryker12

Stryker12 Member

I got a few games to work, try this method:

Put in your Action Replay
    Put in the Swap Magic Disc and start
    When Insert Screen appears swap DVD Loader in
    Then with DVD Loader follow insructions and swap in game.
    I did that with GTA San Andreas and it works fine, but still freezes with Tony hawk underground 2.

4. Dunebuggy

Dunebuggy Member

I found pretty much the same method in another thread, and got it to work fine on Blood Will Tell. So far, this is the only game I've tried it on, but I don't see why it wouldn't work otherwise. Thanks.

5. Zarcom

Zarcom Guest

im glad you stated that problem gentlemen, here is what you do:

1) load up AR Max, then go to the game you want to use the codes on, pick and choose what codes you need.

2) from there, if you get that annoying message th at says "duhhh please insert da game disk", feel free to quickly press the eject button, press it fast enough so it comes out then QUICKLY press it again for it to come back in, you should hear a little "squeeking" noice, that means the game is loaded and the lens is there.

good luck and this worked for me.

6. maulucci

maulucci Member

none of this worked for me. any other ideas