1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using BurnXPress

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by chatin25, Sep 16, 2004.

1. chatin25

chatin25 Guest

I recently bought a new computer with a dvd+/- 8x write 4x rewrite and 12x read drive. I also have anoter seperate dvd rom drive on the computer. My processor is an AMD Athlon XP2200+. I bought the DVD Xtreme software and burned my first dvd (Verbatim DVD-R)using BurnXpress by dragging over the Audio and Video folders. The dvd took 3 hours to burn and I can see the files are loaded on the dvd. But I haven't been able to get the movie to play. It only shows me the initial screen I selected with the movie title (Cheaper by the Dozen). Am I doing something wrong? Have I created my first "coaster". Any and all assistance in properly using this software and also possibly cutting down my burntime will be greatly appreciated.

2. chatin25

chatin25 Guest

I forgot to add that when I try to play the movie I get the message unrecognized format. I use PowerDVD, DivX player 2.1 and InterActual Player

3. CDC

CDC Member

chatin25... if you are trying to back up a movie that you own you will need to use the dxdxcopy xpress r.f it is what you will need to use to backup a dvd movie .

4. colw

colw Active member

Welcome to your first coaster.

You cannot create movie DVD's with your method - they need to be decoded and compressed (normally) prior to burning to DVD. - DVD Shrink and DVD Decrpter are very good programs that will allow to to encode, compress and burn - These free programs and guides can be downloaded from this site.

5. CDC

CDC Member

dvdxtreme r.f is what i use to backup my dvd movies that i own and i have used dvd shirk and dvd decrpter to they work good to .

6. chatin25

chatin25 Guest

Thank you all for pointing out I was using the wrong software. I'm three coasters in now and I was starting to get frusturated. My Xpress RF is giving me an msg saying its not recognizing my drive or something along those lines. The other 8 software packages all seem to work. I think I need to do some more research on the forum to figure out how to get the Xpress RF to open. I already turned back my pc clock.

7. chatin25

chatin25 Guest

The message I'm getting says "Could not load your drive information. Please run the drive selector application." What does that mean?

8. chatin25

chatin25 Guest

I feel like an idiot, because it was right in front of my face. Please disregard the last question.

9. CDC

CDC Member

drive selector application...i had the same problem when i got my dvdxtreme r.f .

10. chatin25

chatin25 Guest

I've put the ripper file into my log folder. now hoping a reboot of the computer will enable it to work.

11. chatin25

chatin25 Guest

I was able to burn Matrix reloaded just fine last night. Today, I cant get anything else to read. Do you have to install the file everytime you want to burn with dvdXcopy?

12. CDC

CDC Member

if you are having problems with burnxpress trying to update ... burnXpress ... I've got the patch. Send me your e-mail address in a PM.

13. chatin25

chatin25 Guest

I have been using Xcopy Xpress. I still havent successfully used burnXpress yet. Does anyone recall the location of the thread where Scubapete lists the detailed intructions for using dvd Shrink and Decrypter. This dvdXcopy is becoming high maintenance.

14. CDC

CDC Member

i haven't ever heard of the Scubapete lists . flip218 my know where the list is .

15. Police_B

Police_B Member

Welcome cdc to the afterdawn forums:)