1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using cheat devices with Messiah chip

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Keshin, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Keshin

Keshin Member

I have a cheat device called Xploder for the PS2 (UK thing, dont think the US has it). I've had it for years and never had any problems with it. It can use Gamesark and codebreaker codes aswell as many others.

My PS2 has the Messiah chip... actually I'm sure it was the Messiah 2 chip (had it done years ago). Its the Messiah that needs a double click of the reset button to load PS1 games and 2x double click to load PS2 games.

I've recently began using DVD-r downloaded PS2 games on it. It runs fine, but it wont let me use the Xploder CD. I've tried it with 3 different DVD-r games and it doesn't work. I'm thinking its something to do with the way my PS2 loads DVD-R games...

I tired using the Xploder CD with San Andreas, the game would come on, but the cheats wouldn't work. Then I downloaded Star Ocean 3 and tried it with that, now the game doesn't come on.

Anyway, does anyone else have this problem? Anyone with a Messiah chip? If there is, have you found another cheat device that will work with the downloaded DVD-r games?

2. meggyloo

meggyloo Member

i use the action replay and that works fine

here is a rare cheat for you

Spawn jetpack

L1, L2, R1, R2, up, down, left, right, L1, L2, R1, R2, up, down, left, right

enjoy

3. Keshin

Keshin Member

Thanks for replying meggyloo

Just to confirm, you had the Messiah chip running on a PAL PS2? And PAL Ation Rplay?

Also, where you using "downloaded" ISO burnt games? And not direct copies of the original PS2 games?

Sorry about the questions, just want to make before I go out and buy anything. Oh and thanks for the cheat :)

4. meggyloo

meggyloo Member

yep thats right

the action replay was original ive not tried a copy yet

the game is a back up copy

5. 652174

652174 Member

Ntsc AR max works with a pal messiahed ps2 as well ;-)

6. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

hi i just came across this and thought id say sumthin.

Im thinking of getting and external Mod chip for PS2 cuase i dont wanna stuff my ps2 or press the damn reset button for 5 secs or some other shit cuase iv had bad luck wit mod chips iv destroyed 2 ps2's lol i had the first 1 installed by me i followed all the stuff they told me 2 do and a black screen came up and thats it i think i used a messiah or whateva u call em the 2nd 1 i had installed by a pro and lady bad luck came back. so i dnt trust weilding shit in my ps2. oh yeh back to what i was gonna say is an external any good does it have all the same quility as a interior chip or does it have problems like freezing or ony certain games can be played?

Please Help i would like an answer from a user of this chip ->http://www.gocybershop.ca/customer/product.php?productid=143&cat=191&page=3 or better

P.S i have action replay

7. meggyloo

meggyloo Member

i installed a pnp key on my first ps2 and it worked a treat

you will also need a swap magic cd and dvd version there only cheap

check out this site to see how easy it is to install the chip

it is internal but no weilding is needed

takes about 3 mins to do

http://www.mod-chip.com/pnpupdate.htm

8. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

is it removable?

9. meggyloo

meggyloo Member

10. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

yeh well i only wanna buy a removable chip whithout buying anything else

11. meggyloo

meggyloo Member

never mind just thought i would tell you about this other alternative

even the usb plugin modchips need the action replay or swapmagic dont they

12. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

hey i just found some sort of thing ISO. image that says its supposed to run on a unmodded PS2 no luck but im going to keep trying.

but most likly my attempts fail but wat i wanna c is whats inside this game so could some1 with a moded PS2 ask me to send this file 2 them so they can burn this CORRECTLY onto a cd/DVD and c whats inside this motherf***ker. my email is xelasha@hotmail.com and if u dont got MSN i got AIM(AOL) as well its xelasha101

13. sasha1303

sasha1303 Guest

hey i just found some sort of thing ISO. image that says its supposed to run on a unmodded PS2 no luck but im going to keep trying.

but most likly my attempts fail but wat i wanna c is whats inside this game so could some1 with a moded PS2 ask me to send this file 2 them so they can burn this CORRECTLY onto a cd/DVD and c whats inside this motherf***ker. my email is xelasha@hotmail.com and if u dont got MSN i got AIM(AOL) as well its xelasha101

14. Auhan

Auhan Member

Going back to the question keshin had in the beginning, do any of you know which cheat device would work with my Messiah Pro 2 (v1.33) chipped US version PS2 (not the PAL version but NTSC US version 50001)?

Both meggyloo and 652174 replied that their Action Replay (both PAL and NTSC versions) works fine with their PAL PS2 but I would like to find out if it would work just as well on my NTSC PS2 mod.

I've already tried a newer version of the Codebreaker (by Pelican) and it failed to work. Did anyone try a newer version of Gameshark or Action Replay with their Messiah chipped US version PS2?